C-A-L Ranch Stores was founded in 1959 in Idaho Falls, ID, by Clinton, Allen, and L. Wayne Murphy. The family used their initials “C-A-L” to create their brand. Our first store, located in Idaho Falls, ID was called C-A-L Ranch & Farm Supply. The store had less than 3,000 square feet and the primary products sold were tillage tools and hardware. After 60+ years of successful retail business, C-A-L Ranch Stores has grown from a single store operator to a regional retailer with multiple stores in Idaho, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. While C-A-L Ranch Stores is no longer owned by the Murphy’s, it is still privately held, and the current owners continue to operate the company with the same fundamental mission and value system.