Competitive Intelligence Co-op
Strategy & Operations Co-op, Competitive Intelligence
January 10th, 2022 - June 24th, 2022
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: WAYFAIR CO-OP PRIORITY DEADLINE OCTOBER 1st. All candidates who apply on or before October 1st will be reviewed and prioritized for interviews. After the priority period, we will continue the interview process for any remaining roles that have not been filled.
Are you looking to join a team that is developing truly cutting-edge capabilities? Would you enjoy being part of developing one of Wayfair’s crucial competitive advantages? Are you excited about the opportunity to become a thought leader on Wayfair’s rapidly evolving competitive landscape?
Competitive Intelligence focuses on optimizing Wayfair’s strategic positioning within the rapidly evolving competitive e-commerce landscape. This cross-functional team uses advanced analytics capabilities to identify insights that impact every major business function at the company.
What You'll Do
- Leverage tools like SQL, Google BigQuery and Python to answer strategic business questions across the organization
- Identify and lead improvements across a variety of projects and processes
- Normalize and synthesize large amounts of data into actionable insights
- Work closely with teammates to follow project roadmaps, including key activities, stakeholder engagement, and milestones
- Contribute innovative and strategic ideas to continue to drive impact across the organization
What You'll Need
- Enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program with a distinguished academic record, ideally in a quantitative field (math, economics, statistics, physics, engineering, management information systems, etc.)
- Strong quantitative skills; Desire to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions; ability to use data software to conduct the analyses and synthesize findings
- A process-oriented mindset with strong organizational and communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, high energy, and strong work ethic; passion for working with, normalizing, and synthesizing large amounts of data into actionable insights
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks and constraints, propose potential solutions, and drive towards resolution
- Attention to detail with strong quality control
- SQL and/or Python familiarity is a plus, including motivation to learn and develop the skill-set
- Previous co-op or significant internship experience is strongly preferred
- Participation in regular team events including but not limited to Wayfair-sponsored pod outings, semi-annual Competitive Intelligence retreats, and Wayfair’s quarterly parties
- Coffee, snacks, and fresh fruit available in all kitchens and (for those of age) beer, hard cider, and/or wine available in our 4 large kitchens
- Working in a fantastic, central location in Copley Square with proximity to great lunch options
- A variety of other perks and discounts including an employee discount on Wayfair, discounts at local shops, and in house fitness classes
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.